Position: Product Specialist
Reports to: Director of North American Sales
Position Location: Field Based – Territory: Mid-Atlantic Region
MOBILion Systems is enabling advancements in disease diagnosis and treatment using High-Resolution Ion Mobility Mass Spectrometry (HRIM-MS) based on SLIM (Structures for Lossless Ion Manipulation) to separate, identify and analyze the most challenging molecules that other instruments fail to detect. MOBILion’s HRIM product, MOBIE™ addresses deficiencies in current biopharmaceutical characterization workflows that rely on Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS). This best-in-class separations technology enables rapid and reproducible molecular and structural characterization of biotherapeutics with two-minute, high- resolution released glycan analysis and five-minute peptide mapping while providing more complete monitoring of Post Translational Modifications (PTMs).
The Product Specialist will be the lead direct contact with our customers within assigned territory as well as the liaison between our Business Development, Applications, Service, and Marketing teams. The candidate will be responsible for the sales pipeline, prospecting, qualifying prospects, achieving assigned quota, developing regional marketing ideas, accurate forecasting, and sales strategy development within territory. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, independent with a strong operational focus is key for success.
(1) Sales Execution and Territory Management
- Maintain sound knowledge of the MOBIE™ products and SLIM technology and customers' application demands
- Provide market feedback, testimonials and “Voice of Customer” for the region.
- Identify and collaborate with Marketing to plan regional events to build the customer knowledge of MOBIE™ and the SLIM technology and generate sales opportunities.
- Creative, innovative, and proactive prospecting and account development to rapidly build the sales pipeline
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans within the region to build sales pipeline and accelerate adoption of MOBIE™ and the SLIM technology
- Enable sales of the company products and build relationships through interactions with customers, employees, and partners
- Proactively identify opportunities, qualify leads and efficiently moving the opportunities through the sales pipeline to a closed sale using the company’s CRM for tracking.
- Accurate Forecasting to meet/exceed territory quota
- Accountable and responsible for building the MOBILion brand and SLIM technology recognition in territory
- Work with Service, Applications and Product Development teams to resolve customer issues as expeditiously as possible
(2) Required Market Knowledge: Analytical Instrumentation and Biopharmaceutical Applications
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact mAb, peptide mapping, targeted omics workflows
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall market segment.
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis and reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Understanding of competitive analytical techniques and how the SLIM technology differentiates.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience, preferably in a life sciences and/or capital equipment
- Knowledge of workflows related to life science applications
- Must be able to work independently and with urgency
- Strong customer centric focused
- Highly motivated to work innovatively and creatively to drive rapid expansion of sales pipeline toward early adoption
- Ability to communicate with internal teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts
- A self-starter with strong operational focus and accountability
- Willingness to travel 35% (when appropriate)
- Ability to work within the United States
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- LC/MS experience
- Previous experience selling into the Biopharma Drug Development, Scale-up and QC space
- CRM experience
- Experience working with partner companies for adjacent products
- Market Development
- Business Development
- Applications Team
- Field Service Team
- MOBIE™, Ion Mobility and Mass Spec End Users
- Biopharma Drug Development, Manufacturing Scale Up and QC Professionals, Scientific Community, Academic Researchers
- Mass Spec partner sales specialists, applications, and service teams
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics:
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Ability to relate customer needs to product technology capabilities
About the Company:
In 2021, MOBILion Systems Inc. announced the launch of its first commercial High-Resolution Ion Mobility (HRIM) product, MOBIE™ which addresses characterization challenges faced during biopharmaceutical drug development and quality monitoring. MOBIE™ provides fast, efficient separations with superior resolution and reproducibility, faster, simpler method development, and greater instrument uptime. This highly anticipated new technology will help accelerate and simplify the workflows of challenging analyte classes including peptides, proteins, lipids and glycans, with analysis times 5-60 times faster than conventional separation methods.
The company is headquartered in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania within the Philadelphia biopharmaceutical and medical innovation corridor.