Position: Western Sales Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Sales & Service
Position Location: Remote, Western US (Prefer Northern California)
The Western Sales Manager will lead & direct the Product Specialist team as the primary contacts for our customers within the assigned territory as well as the liaison between our Business Development, Applications, Service, and Product Development teams. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Western PS team, developing the sales pipeline, prospecting, qualifying prospects, achieving assigned quota, developing regional marketing ideas, accurate forecasting, and sales strategy development within territory. This position offers the candidate future opportunity to leverage our partnership with a leading mass spectrometry industry player. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, independent with a strong sales focus is key for success.
Areas of Responsibility:
Sales Strategy, Revenue, and Growth
Separations, Mass Spectrometry. Ion mobility
Life Science Applications – preferably in biopharmaceutical market
- Creative, Innovative, and Proactive prospecting to rapidly build sales pipeline
- Accurate Forecasting to meet/exceed territory quota
- Accountable and responsible for building the MOBILion brand and SLIM technology recognition in territory
- Develop strategic and tactical sales plans to build sales pipeline, accelerate adoption of SLIM technology in a new & existing customer targets/segments.
- Enable sales of the company products and build relationships through interactions with customers, employees, and partners
- Define and oversee the sales process to ensure leads contacted on a timely basis to move customers into and through the sales pipeline using the company’s CRM for tracking.
- Provide regular forecast of long and short-term sales to Management Team and Product Development Team to insure timely delivery of customer orders.
- (2) Sales Infrastructure, Growth and Customer Support
- Develop a strategic plan, lead current Western PS team,
- and identify Product Sales Specialist to be hired, while ramping up, in strategic regions for rapid growth and customer focus.
- Develop strategic plan for novel virtual engagement with customers
- Define procedures to efficiently meet the financial goals of MOBILion, including budgeting, forecasting and cost management
- Maintain sound knowledge of SLIM technology and customers' application demands
- Collaboratively work with Business Development and Product Management with respect to identifying future business opportunities and needs
- Work with Service, Applications and Product Development teams to resolve customer issues as expeditiously as possible.
- (3) Biopharmaceuticals and New Market Applications and Opportunities
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact mAb, peptide mapping, proteomics, targeted lipidomics, and targeted metabolomics
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet need and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall market segment.
- Having a current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Understanding of competitive analytical techniques and how SLIM technology differentiates.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience, preferably in a senior role
- Knowledge of workflows related to life science applications
- Must be able to work independently and with urgency
- Strong customer centric focused.
- Highly motivated to work innovatively and creatively to drive rapid expansion of sales pipeline toward early adoption
- Ability to communicate to internal teams
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts
- A self-starter with strong operational focus and accountability
- Willingness to travel 50% (when appropriate)
- Ability to work within the United States
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to collaborate with the technical team when needed.
- Three years mentoring or training sales associates or other cross-functional teams.
- Sales Force beyond cursory use – ability to generate forecast, reports, etc.
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Applications Development
- Product Sales Specialist
- Service Engineers
- SLIM/MS End Users
- Scientific Community, Academic Researchers
- MS partner sales specialist, applications, and service teams.
Cultural, Behavioral and General Characteristics
- Work standards/high work ethic – initiative and drive
- Innovativeness & creativity
- Self-sufficient, self-driven, self-motivated (work with minimal supervision): figure it out
- Ability to quickly learn SLIM technology and apply it
- Ability to think through complex issues and solve problems
- Desire to share information and support a transparent culture
- Technical translation