Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Level: P4
Work Location(s): Chadds Ford, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area)
Relocation Assistance: Not Available
Visa Sponsorship: Ineligible
At MOBILion Systems, you’ll join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for leading the development of the electrical systems employed in MOBILion’s laboratory analytical instrumentation. Responsibilities include analysis of system requirements, the creation of electrical sub system requirements, electrical sub system test protocol development, implementation of the design, and verification testing to confirm that requirements are met.
- Lead the design and development of the electronic components for laboratory analytical instrumentation working closely with the engineering and software teams.
- Develop System and Subsystem Requirements to support the design of laboratory instrumentation and implement the design in hardware and firmware working with a combination of internal and external design resources.
- Lead design verification on electrical systems and sub systems as part of the product development process.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and failure analysis on impacted components for products deployed in the field.
- Support R&D by developing proof of concept prototypes outside of the design control process to de-risk new technologies.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical design experience
- Analog and digital circuit design containing signals from DC to 10MHz
- Schematic capture and PCB layout experience using Altium Designer
- Experience using SPICE simulation tools such as LTSpice or MultiSIM
- Experience developing embedded systems on ARM Cortex MCUs in C/C++
- Proficiency using digital communication interfaces: SPI, I2C, CAN, RS485, UART, USB, Ethernet
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting circuits and performing SMT rework
- Ability to use lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, power supplies, VNAs, RLC meters, etc.
- Familiarity using version control software such as Git, SVN, or PDM
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of experience designing hardware from concept through production
- 10+ years of professional experience designing, troubleshooting, and testing
- Experience working on a fast-paced, interdisciplinary product development team
- Familiarity with product development lifecycle
- Experience defining functional requirements and test plans
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent project management tools
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience designing Flex and Rigid-Flex PCBAs
- Experience driving capacitive loads, stepper motors, and relays
- Experience designing high voltage power electronics
- Experience designing electronics in extreme environments, including high vacuum
- Strong knowledge in analog and digital signal processing
- Proficiency using Python
- Experience with networking protocols including TCP/IP
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our passion to positively impact healthcare. We foster amazing teams and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and shared successes. We’ve also got amazing benefits!
- Healthcare insurance for employees and their families
- Rich 401(k) offering with Company match
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous paid time off benefits with paid year-end business closure
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite fitness center
- Free snacks and beverages
- Energetic & inclusive culture
MOBILion Systems is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.