Senior Software Developer
Job Level: P4
Work Location(s): Chadds Ford, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area
Relocation Assistance: Ineligible
Visa Sponsorship: Ineligible
At MOBILion Systems, you’ll join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic Senior Software Developer to guide the development of MOBILion’s game-changing technology. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with software development technologies and techniques who is looking to have a major impact on the design and implementation of our advanced data acquisition system. This person will possess the skills and insight to accel as a technical leader and mentor for the development team. As part of the Product Development group, you will also work with members from the Research and Development, Product Management, Field Services and Support groups.
- Work with internal and external teams to define and implement functional specifications through design, coding, testing, and any required performance tuning.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of adherence to architectural standards, quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with internal and external customers to quickly resolve issues.
- Communicate effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, Scientists, Field Engineers and other business personnel.
- Participate in the development of product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility and field supportability.
- Follow the defined software development life cycle and protocols while clearly communicating all concepts and reasoning to the software and product development team.
- Must have experience with any two of the following: C#, C++, Python or TypeScript.
- Must have experience with Windows 10 software development.
- Must have experience with GitHub.
- Must have experience leading a software development team in some capacity.
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (in lieu of degree, 10 years of relevant work experience).
- 8+ years’ experience in software development
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, and the ability to define and execute project objectives and priorities on time and on budget.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with product management and the technical team when needed.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Occasional travel as needed.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with C, PIP, Node, NPM
- Real time software process control and data acquisition.
- Experience with Linux operating system, Bash scripting, system services and Docker.
- Experience with Circle.ci, JAMA, JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce.
- Expertise in Agile and iterative methods, software development lifecycle management, unit testing, continuous integration, and build and release management.
- Someone who considers themselves a “Maker”, hobbyist, or tinkerer is a plus.
- Experience with regulated requirements such as Title 21 CFR Part 11 a plus.
- Previous experience working with outside contractors a plus.
- Experience with web frameworks like Angular, React and Vue.js.
- Experience working with Quality and Customer Support organizations.
- Experience with Go, WiX and system services.
- Experience with Networking; Ethernet, TCP/IP, SSH, NTP, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
- Experience working with microcontrollers and FPGAs a plus.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our passion to positively impact healthcare. We foster amazing teams and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and shared successes. We’ve also got amazing benefits!
- Healthcare insurance for employees and their families
- Rich 401(k) offering with Company match
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous paid time off benefits with paid year-end business closure
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite fitness center
- Onsite kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Energetic & inclusive culture
MOBILion Systems is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.