Work Location(s): Chadds Ford, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area)
Relocation Assistance: Negotiable
Visa Sponsorship: Ineligible
At MOBILion Systems, you’ll join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
The Application Scientist will be responsible for major contributions to the Applications, Business Units, and Product Development teams that will take our HRIM platform to support commercial success. In the immediate term, the candidate will be responsible for method development of applications aligned to support our strategic Business Unit objectives through new applications proof of concept (PoC) studies, collaborations, demos, and new product development support. This role will also serve as a liaison between our customers and variety of MOBILion teams by providing hands-on customer training and pre- and post-sales support. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to help bring new technology into the Life Science application space. The position requires a highly motivated person with a reputation for integrity and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and independent contributor with a strong operational focus.
(1) HRIM-MS Operation
- Working within an interdisciplinary team of engineering, applications development, and operational employees to achieve strategic, operational, and technical objectives in a manner that ensures the product performance meet customer needs.
- Increase the breadth and quality of analyses based SLIM technology, primarily in the biopharmaceutical space.
- Operate SLIM instrumentation on mass spectrometry platforms to generate meaningful and valuable data sets through new applications proof of concept evaluations.
- Operate and evaluate product prototypes, laboratory/beta units, and production units as Product Development makes product improvements and advancements.
- Process and interpret ion mobility and mass spectrometry data.
- Perform demos for customers supporting the Commercialization team and sales of SLIM technology, highly focused on, but not limited to, large molecule applications.
- Demo support includes method development, sample analysis, data processing, data report generation, demo presentation, demo on instrumentation (live and virtual)
- Training of the various personnel both internal and external.
- Continual literature review for relevant applications, competitive information, and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards and practices.
(2) External Engagement & Interaction
- Support sales as field technical and subject matter expert
- Provide training to all customers on system use including hardware, software, data acquisition, and data processing.
- Work with customer to provide support and resolve issues as expeditiously as possible.
- Attend and present at industry conferences to help create SLIM advocates.
- Collect data to compose journal submissions, external presentation material, and create marketing content.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors in analytical chemistry, chemistry, biology, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus.
- 3-5+ years of experience using mass spectrometry for biopharmaceutical/large molecule analyses in industry.
- Experience in complex carbohydrate, peptide, and small protein analysis by tandem mass spectrometry.
- Additional expertise into one additional field such as cell and gene therapy and/or omics is preferred.
- Expertise in liquid chromatography (HPLC & UHPLC) and mass spectrometry (high resolution) method development. Ion mobility method development is a plus.
- Experience with MS data analysis software such as Protein Metrics Byos, Skyline or Agilent Bioconfirm a plus.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality, and the ability to define and execute application development on time.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills: ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak, present and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, and data interpretation.
- Strong background in data analysis, including statistics and spectral interpretation.
- Interest in interacting with customers and prospective customers.
- Willingness to travel as needed (~25%)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our passion to positively impact healthcare. We foster amazing teams and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and shared successes. We’ve also got amazing benefits!
- Healthcare insurance for employees and their families
- Rich 401(k) offering with Company match
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous paid time off benefits with paid year-end business closure
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite fitness center
- Complimentary snacks and beverages
- Energetic & inclusive culture
MOBILion Systems is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.