Job Level: M2
Work Location: Chadds Ford, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area)
Relocation Assistance: Negotiable
Visa Sponsorship: Ineligible
At MOBILion Systems, you will join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
The Senior Manager of Applications will oversee and manage all members of the MOBILion Applications team. This role will coordinate the company’s application strategies, planning, and execution in coordination with our Business, Sales & Marketing teams. This role is responsible for the oversight of the applications teams that are a foundational support for MOBILion operations. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to build and validate applications strategy and support at a stable, rising startup company in the analytical technology industry. A reputation for integrity, urgency, and accountability with sound technical and interpersonal skills, highly motivated, self-starter, independent contributor with a strong operational focus is critical for success.
(1) Life Science Technology, Market, and Applications Opportunities
- Understanding of the current analytical techniques in support of biopharmaceuticals applications such as, but not limited to: biopharmaceutical characterization including glycan analysis, intact and subunit analysis, and peptide mapping analysis of monoclonal antibodies and additional emerging novel therapeutics
- Understanding of liquid chromatography separations, mass spectrometry techniques and ion mobility
- Ability to apply analytical instrumentation knowledge to gain a thorough understanding of SLIM operation, performance and value in key application areas
- Understanding of current Omics applications such as proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics
- Understanding the technology, capability, unmet needs, and concerns (current and potential) of end users and the overall market segment
- Current and accurate knowledge of the instrumentation landscape from sample preparation through data analysis, reporting used in the biopharmaceutical market.
- Understanding of competitive analytical techniques
(2) Applications Strategy & Management
- Build, develop, and drive an Applications team that supports key functions of MOBILion including Business segments, R&D, PD, collaborations/strategic relationships, marketing material creation, external communications, demos/sales, etc.
- Commercial and marketing – support commercial product expansion
- Create an application support plan for new opportunity proof of concept of commercial products and new product concepts
- Manage team prioritization to be in alignment with strategic corporate goals
- Serving as the liaison between end users and the product development team
(3) Pre- and Post-Sales Support & External Engagement
- Manage MOBILion demo request and management protocols
- Coordinate and manage customer demo schedule to oversee and ensure timely execution of demos
- Demo support includes method development, sample analysis, data processing, data report generation, demo presentation, demo on instrumentation (live and virtual), postmortem analysis, etc.
- Support sales as field technical and subject matter expert
- Attend and present at industry conferences to help create SLIM advocates
- Collect data to compose journal submissions, external presentation material, and create marketing content
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry, physics, or engineering. An advanced degree in these or related disciplines is a plus
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a supervisor/management role, leading technical teams
- At least 8-10 years of experience in a technical role in the mass spectrometry, liquid chromatography, or related instrumentation market
- Working knowledge of life science mass spectrometry products, applications, and markets
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate highly technical, complicated topics in a broadly understandable way depending upon the audience and the communication objectives.
- Solid technical, business, and strategic acumen
- Ability to initiate, monitor several simultaneous projects, and pivot according to business needs
- A self-starter with strong operational focus and accountability
- Effective leader, team player, and decision maker
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the technical team when needed
- Up to 30% travel (Covid-dependent)
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our passion to positively impact healthcare. We foster amazing teams and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and shared successes. We have amazing benefits!
- Healthcare insurance for employees and their families
- Rich 401(k) offering with Company match
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous paid time off benefits with paid year-end business closure
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite fitness center
- Onsite kitchen with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Energetic & inclusive culture
MOBILion Systems is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.