Software Development Manager – Instrument Control
Work Location(s): Chadds Ford, PA (Greater Philadelphia Area)
Relocation Assistance: Ineligible
Visa Sponsorship: Ineligible
At MOBILion Systems, you’ll join a dynamic team committed to positively impacting healthcare by commercializing products that help people and save lives. Our products provide unprecedented sensitivity, resolution, and throughput that fuel the development of better therapeutics, the ability to detect disease earlier, and the power to attack diseases at their roots instead of their symptoms. Our technology reveals what others leave unseen!
This is an opportunity to join an outstanding and growing team with an inclusive culture that delivers meaningful insights to the entire company!
We are seeking an energetic, motivated, and experienced Software Development Manager to join our growing company in developing and commercializing a disruptive technology in the mass spectrometry instrumentation space. This person should be comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced company setting.
This position calls for a seasoned software engineering manager with broad knowledge of software development practices, and experience developing Linux hosted system and application software. The Software Development Manager will lead our software development activities and manage outside design firms to support software development projects.
- Manage and guide the development of software used in MOBILion’s products that configures and controls data acquisition instruments being designed, developed, and commercialized by the company.
- Manage both internal and external teams to design, develop, test, and maintain data acquisition instrumentation software.
- Contribute and advise the software development team in conjunction with the Director of Software Development on architectural designs of the instrument control and data acquisition software.
- Stay abreast of software development best practices and industry state-of-the-art technologies, techniques and processes for interfacing with scientific instruments along with data acquisition and processing techniques.
- Work closely with the Director of Software Development, Data Processing Software Manager and Software Quality Assurance Manager to align development activities and keep projects on budget and schedule.
- Work closely with the Electrical Engineering Manager and the Director of Engineering to integrate the software being developed into the systems being developed by the company.
- Advise management regarding strategic development decisions and provide feasibility assessments related to project proposals. Responsible for PDLC for software product suite, including adherence to company Quality Management System requirements.
- Identify, contract, and manage outside design firms to support execution of software development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years managing a software development team.
- 10+ years’ experience in software development, design and support for a variety of software applications. Instrument control and data acquisition, processing, indexing, manipulation and visualization a plus.
- Experience developing software running on Linux.
- Experience with Docker, Hypervisors and AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to manage software development teams, including third party contracts.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methods, software development lifecycle management, and build and release management including test-driven development and continuous integration (e.g., Circle CI or Jenkins).
- Demonstrated track record of managing technical projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
- Ability to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Understanding of common software design patterns, client server architectures and the use of microservices along with publish/subscribe messaging techniques.
- Knowledge of AI / ML / concurrent, parallel and/or distributed data processing/analysis techniques and technologies.
- Experience with Mass spectrometry data processing and visualization a plus.
- Experience with Linux systems programming, device drivers and networking.
- Self-starter, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality.
- He/she must possess an intellectual curiosity, a creative mind, and be active in the company by observing and asking questions to learn.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our passion to positively impact healthcare. We foster amazing teams and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and shared successes. We’ve also got amazing benefits!
- Healthcare insurance for employees and their families
- Rich 401(k) offering with Company match
- Annual bonus potential
- Employee Stock Ownership program
- Generous paid time off benefits with paid year-end business closure
- Flexible work arrangements
- Onsite fitness center
- Free snacks and beverages
- Energetic & inclusive culture
MOBILion Systems is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.